Sunday, September 04, 2005

I Think I'm On Overload!!!

I really miss my childhood because of one silly reason; it was a time when I had no important responsibilities. There was no pressure, no headaches. Live was as simple as getting up in the morning and going to school and nothing after that. Nowadays, I feel like I’m overloading. I have a habit of taking on responsibilities for other people. I would feel really awkward if I said no most of the time. I might seem clam and cool on the outside but I’m practically dying and screaming on the inside. So, what are my current responsibilities or duties? First, I’m in college doing an IT program. That takes up a lot of my time and I have to work around my college schedule if I want to do other things. Secondly, I work part time for an education consultancy. I have to work 3 days a week and 4 to 6 hours a day. Thirdly, I work for my church as their ‘webmaster’. This is not so much of a headache because the headache was the construction and design of the website, now all I need to do is to keep updating and maintaining it. Fourthly, I’m the Assistant Youth Leader for the Christian Community of my housing area. My job is to make decisions on community activities, do a bit of public relations and organize events. Fifthly, I’ve just started another part time job, doing IT solutions for an IT company in KL. It’s my lecturer’s company. My job here is to solve IT related problems for client. They give me a problem and I have to find a solution for them within a fixed time period. Lastly, my responsibilities at home and to my family. Thank God I’m not married yet, I wouldn’t be able to cope. Although I don’t do much at home but occasionally I have to do some cleaning and housekeeping. All these things have to be kept in a balance, or I’ll be ending up in a mental hospital. Now you can see why I rarely go out to hangout with friends and why I prefer not to have a relationship/girlfriend at this stage of my life (although I guess I need one). Come to think of it, I don’t really regret taking on all these responsibilities because it has thought me a lot. I’m lucky to be able to withstand the pressure but I guess I work better when I’m under a lot of pressure… Anyone interested in being me? I don’t think so…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Palo Alto Online
"I've received countless calls and e-mails in support of Kepler's Books and Clark Kepler," Fergusson, who is organizing the really and workshop, said, "This is an opportunity for people to gather and express ...
Hello, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a network marketing site/blog. My site pretty covers network marketing related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

Great posts I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

Check out myflorida fiberglass swimming pool site/blog. It pretty much covers florida fiberglass swimming pool related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)