Sunday, September 25, 2005

A Football Headache

To play, or not to play? Hmmm…. looks like an easy decision but it has a lot of complications. I’ve been handed the job of Football Team Manager for my college. I’ve always wanted to manage a football team of my own and now I have the chance to see if I really have what it takes. That’s the easy part. The complications come in when I have to decide whether I’m going to manage only or play in the team as well as manage it. If I decide to play and manage, I would have to get my fitness up to par with the other players and that's going to be very hard since I’m all fat and chubby after I stopped play for 4 months with my neighborhood friends. I feel like playing for the team but as a manager, I have the responsibility of picking only the best and if I let myself play, it means that I have to prove myself and work harder than I ever have on the field, to be able to compete with the other players who are very good and have a lot of tournament experience. I tried playing with them today and during the warm-up, we had to jog 4 laps around the field. I did the 4 laps and I was already panting. My stamina is very bad. During the game I played ok but didn’t get the ball as much as I expected. Takes time I guess (for the team to bond). I’ve set up a friendly match next week; I guess that I would just be on the bench and maybe come on for the last 20 minutes or so. How I wish that I had natural talent and good stamina….

No comments: