Monday, August 25, 2008

What is a choice?

Well, I was watching the Matrix Trilogy again after a very long time (one of my top 10 favourite movies of all time) and a question from the movie stuck to my mind. What is a choice? A choice is a judgment between different paths Everyone wants choices but hate to decide on which ones to take. After watching the movie, I realize that there are 2 types of people, one that decides to take the choice that other people expect them to take and one that takes a leap of faith to gamble on a choice that other people might frown upon. I guess the message that I got from the movie was to 'dare to be different'. Why should I follow the path that society had bestowed upon me? Why should I be normal? I want to do things unexpectedly, just for myself and not for the amusement of others. Its time to live for myself and those who are important to me and stop caring for the ones who are not.

We can truly be ourselves only when we dare to be different

No comments: