Thursday, March 05, 2009

Malaysian Dream Girl season 2: Episode 1

It’s back and I’ve decided to blog about it again, since I received a fair amount of criticism for doing this the last time, and I love having a swing at the drama that goes on. But luckily the competition was made much more sensible by the departure of Kenny 'The Sex Bomb" Sia as one of the judges. My pick during the auditions last season was Hanis and she was in the finals (Top 3).

Let’s look into Episode 1. (http://malaysiandreamgirl.tv/)

The first one to strike me was Amanda. She was born in South America but grew up all her life here. She speaks very well and presented herself very modestly. I would say that she could qualify for the competition. But apparently they (Producers) have a rule: Malaysians Only. I was like "WTF! She has a Malaysian IC, her dad is Malaysian, she has her own Malaysian PR and for heaven's sake, she went to a Malaysian primary school here". But they eventually rejected her just because she has a South American passport and not a Malaysian one… Shit, I myself don’t have a passport currently, but I have a Malaysian IC, so you’re gonna kick me out of the country? STRIKE ONE FOR THE ORGANIZERS!


Alexandra… really hot. Has that sexy lure. Love the thick Aussie accent baby! Ok, seriously, she has potential. Would love to see how she progresses. She answered the judges pretty well actually but I do agree that she came in for the audition looking like she just got out of bed… Other than that, all is good!


Next, Shi Ling… this one was funny… she could be a comedian instead of a model.  The judge asked her “So what do you do?”. She said “I work in a lab”. By the way she presented herself (her character was a bit too tomboy-ish, she reminded me of an anime character and she walked with her legs apart), I really thought she was gonna say “Meth lab”. But she mumbled something else. And Elaine Daily’s eyes nearly popped out saying “Breast lab???”. The girl went “Breath test”. Yes, they test people who are high on weed… LOL! Then she says “I’m sort of a coordinator there, not exactly Labratoris categorized”. WTF is a labratoris? Some kind of dog breed? Sounds like it. Even the judges thought that she was from an alternative band, like a rocker chick or something. Wrong competition…


Carrey… during her audition, the song “American Sweethearts” played in my head. Hate to say this but she’s Malaysia’s version of a blonde and you know what they say about blondes. Elaine Daily asked her “Why do you want to be a model”. Carrey replied “Because I want it!”. Then she complained that her life is very boring. Then the other judge asked “Do you think your boyfriend is boring?”. She replied immediately “Yes!”. Judge asked “Where is he?”. She replied “Outside”. Elaine Daily then asked “Who is your favorite model?”. She replied “Amber Chia. Because I love her. She’s tall but not very pretty. She can be famous but I also dunno”. WTF! She admires Amber but bitches about her. Thank God the judges rejected her. Our old boy Kenny would have gone on a hunger strike to put her through.


Juanita… hurmmm… interesting. She carries herself well. Aggressive and a go getter, that shows determination. Has the persona of a model in the making. Diamond in the rough I guess. Would like to see how she fares in the upcoming rounds. FYI, there are already Facebook fan groups supporting her progress through the competition… errr… a bit too early people? 

 

8 comments:

Hanis Zalikha said...

i miss the whole mdg scene like seriously. its indescribable.

Jonathan Nathan said...

Ladies and gentlemen, last season's (of MDG) 1st runner-up, Hanis Zalikha, is in tha house!

Hi Hanis, thanks for stopping by. Yeah, something's missing from it this season... maybe its you ;-)

Fazlynne Majid said...

as for amanda, yes she has the malaysian id but she's not holding the malaysian passport meaning she's not malaysian citizen. are u a malaysian with blue ic? if yes, if u have a passport urs would be malaysian passport and not mongolian or south america passport or what not ;) and so it will not be fair to others if she's in.

Jonathan Nathan said...

Hi Fazlynne... yes, your point is legally valid but don't you think Amanda deserves a chance too? I believe so, that's my argument. She's been here almost all her life, she wants try out modeling, doesn't mean that she has go back to South America to make her dream a reality right? If this is the case, then I think Malaysians are very shallow minded people. If she was here for only 6 or 7 years, then maybe I would agree that she doesn't deserve a chance. But she's been here for a very long time, as long as she can even remember.

If you're talking about what's fair, the competition is called Malaysian Dream Girl. How does 'Dream Girl' translate into 'Model'? If that's the case, then girls who don't want to be models cannot be the dream girls of Malaysian men. Correct? Isn't that called 'making an exception'? If the viewers can tolerate that, why can't the producer allow exceptions?

I believe in making exceptions on per case basis. This is one such exception. But the reason behind it must be really valid. What I said might be wrong but I'm only human and humans have hearts. :-)

Anonymous said...

=D Yay I super love Hanis too! I miss ya! MDG 2 is like not so gempak la... I still like Hanis the most!

Hey jon... do u know.... if u read the MDG official blog, KEnny Sia will still be one of the judges... the online wan. Hahahaha.

Gardening ideas said...

She has improved alot since day 1 of the competition and continued to impress me with her photoshoots. Go Ming! Go Ming!

ads company said...

I would agree that she doesn't deserve a chance. But she's been here for a very long time, as long as she can even remember.

Web Design India said...

It’s so refreshing to find articles like the ones you post on your site. I will keep you bookmarked. Thanks!